Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i search in iTunes store

how do i search in iTunes store, i know the song title but not the artist, and search only gives me the first 100 titles and it doesn't even get to my title!

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 5:21 AM

i know the song title but not the artist,

Paul, Try a general search on the web, and see if you can narrow down to what you are looking for. Then go back to the Store and do a more specific search.

Also, if you hear the song playing somewhere, get out your phone and do a quick Shazam.

9 replies

May 8, 2021 7:35 AM in response to ed2345

again, i'm afraid that doesn't help me.

(a) if i had done a search and it had come up with that result i wouldn't have posted on here in the first place. It didn't. i did.

and (b) search results come up in list view. here's mine.and while it says Songs at the top, these are clearly not songs, most of the results are Artists called Elysian Fields, so I click on Name, in the hope that it will show me Songs with the Name "Elysian Fields"... and get 100 results (like i said previously), but the list only goes up to B, for Burning Elysian Fields, so I ask again, not how do i find Elysian Fields by Barbara Thompson, but how is this search function supposed to work..?

Apr 24, 2021 5:02 AM in response to Paul Richards4

Paul,

That is a fair question but since (per your original post) you don't know the artist, it isn't clear you will be better off with 3000 search results either. :-) Also, it is possible that the listed title for your song is different from what you might think from hearing the lyrics. I strongly suggest you search the web and see if you can more specifics of the song you seek, or at least the artist.

May 6, 2021 12:13 PM in response to ed2345

i'm sorry but if someone says "how do i drive to London", then "get a bus" is not a helpful answer.

And neither is "are you sure its London you want to go to?".

I thought Barbara Thompson did a song called Elysian Fields. I know the song exists because i have an alias to it, but somehow i lost the file ages ago. So i searched Barbara Thompson's back catalogue and it is not there. So i was mistaken about the artist. But the song exists.

And the first 100 results on my iTunes search get me as far as B, for 'Burning the Elysian Fields', so I can't get to C, or D or the crucial one E !!! so i can't actually find a song called Elysian Fields. which does exist. And its an instrumental, so nothing to do with lyrics, and since one of the biggest music catalogues on the web is iTunes, I'd thought this would be the best place to start.

It would be great if someone could actually suggest how the search function is supposed to work.

May 8, 2021 7:58 PM in response to Paul Richards4

Paul,

Basically it works like any search engine. They are not mind readers. Sometimes you don't get satisfactory results, so you may have to try again with more relaxed criteria or more stringent criteria, or grab another piece of data from another source.

In your case, you already knew the artist and the title, which as you saw in my screenshot, was sufficient to get the exact thing you were looking for.

how do i search in iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.