You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - MGY52LL/A or MR912LL/A?

I'm looking at buying a used Apple TV 4th generation. I believe the MR912LL/A model has the updated remote. Unit MGY52LL/A has the older remote. Is that correct?

Other than the remotes being different, are both units the same (Model number: A1625)?

Thank you.

Shawn

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 9:42 AM

No problem. Yes, the model itself is identical. Even the remote is pretty much the same, the only difference is that white circle around the menu button.

The newly announced 2nd gen Siri remote is the one with the major redesign, and if you wanted to use that you will still have the option to purchase it to use with either of those models once it is released.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2021 9:42 AM in response to srmsrm

No problem. Yes, the model itself is identical. Even the remote is pretty much the same, the only difference is that white circle around the menu button.

The newly announced 2nd gen Siri remote is the one with the major redesign, and if you wanted to use that you will still have the option to purchase it to use with either of those models once it is released.

Apr 24, 2021 8:11 AM in response to srmsrm

Thank you both for your replies. I appreciate you taking the time.

So if I understand correctly, the Model Number A1625 is the same regardless of the remote used.

What differs is the Part Number MGY52LL/A or MR912LL/A for the unit. A unit that is noted with MR912LL/A has the updated Siri remote with the white circle around the menu button.

The Apple TV itself is identical. The only difference is the remote.

Am I understanding correctly?

Shawn

Apple TV - MGY52LL/A or MR912LL/A?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.