Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I prevent automatic callback by touching lock screen notification?

I want to see missed call information on the lock screen. However, if the notification is touched, the phone will automatically call the number back if face recognition is enabled. It is a terrible idea. At least let the user decide whether to have the "feature" enabled.. I have not found a means to disable that annoying feature. There are many justifications for having the ability to turn it off. Most of the time, if I do not answer a call, there is a good reason but I am likely to pick it up to see who called. An accidental touch on the notification has the phone returning the call because the phone unlocked with facial recognition. This annoyance can happen in meetings, holding the sleeping baby, laying in bed next to your sleeping wife, etc. You need to see who called to determine if it is important enough to respond to the call.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 10:15 AM

I have disabled "return missed calls" and the phone still calls the number back. I do not want to turn off notifications on the lock screen. I did not have a problem with the return call feature on my old phone because it did not use face ID to login. I have found numerous posts about this issue. I suspect it will require a feature request from enough people to get the notice of the developers to a change. Is there a place where such requests are made? Perhaps Apple monitors these discussions to find out what people want.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 10:15 AM in response to Community User

I have disabled "return missed calls" and the phone still calls the number back. I do not want to turn off notifications on the lock screen. I did not have a problem with the return call feature on my old phone because it did not use face ID to login. I have found numerous posts about this issue. I suspect it will require a feature request from enough people to get the notice of the developers to a change. Is there a place where such requests are made? Perhaps Apple monitors these discussions to find out what people want.

Apr 24, 2021 12:27 AM in response to JamesPT

I can well understand it is annoying. Try this:

Go to:

Settings -> Face ID & Passcode. Find Return missed calls and disable.

Alternatively, you can turn off missed call notifications on the Lock screen. Go to:

Settings -> Notifications. Find Phone, tap, and remove checkmark from Lock Screen or scroll a little further down, select Show Examples, and select On Unlocked Screen

How can I prevent automatic callback by touching lock screen notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.