Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur not syncing folders from Photos app to iPhone

iPhone OS 14.4.2 and MacBook OS 11.2.3 have the most up to date OS. On my iPhone iCloud photos are OFF and photo streaming is OFF.

I have tried syncing just a few folders; same problem (see below)

I have tried syncing my entire library of 16K photos and I get the same result (see below)

This is after I reset all settings on my iPhone as a possible fix.

No matter what I do, my iPhone will only display the “Recents” folder of 1296 images. That’s after the OS indicated my import and sync of 16K photos was successful but there were 22 errors of which iTunes can tell me. iTunes? Nothing in iTunes describes sync errors. I’m syncing using a Finder window.

This is very frustrating. All I want is to control folders of photos on my iPhone.

Help!!!

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 2:22 PM

I had around 1000 photos in my library that read "already imported from iPhone" but they were not in my MacBook Library. I re-imported them from my phone. Then I synced with zero import of photos. Then I checked to make sure that my iPhone was clear of photos. I then had success syncing individual folders, but once I got to 4-5 folders, my iPad would show the images on the phone's library, but it would not list the individual folders. Frustrated, I repeated the sync, clearing off all photos on my phone and did a sync of the entire library. This worked, but not my first choice. So, the issue is resolved.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 2:22 PM in response to jcasapple

I had around 1000 photos in my library that read "already imported from iPhone" but they were not in my MacBook Library. I re-imported them from my phone. Then I synced with zero import of photos. Then I checked to make sure that my iPhone was clear of photos. I then had success syncing individual folders, but once I got to 4-5 folders, my iPad would show the images on the phone's library, but it would not list the individual folders. Frustrated, I repeated the sync, clearing off all photos on my phone and did a sync of the entire library. This worked, but not my first choice. So, the issue is resolved.

Apr 25, 2021 6:16 AM in response to michaelinjapan

Hi michaelinjapan,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We appreciate you reaching out for help syncing photos from your Mac with your iPhone. We're glad to help sort this out!

Let's get to the bottom of it together. Does the message you're seeing indicate which specific items have errors?

You mentioned that this issue occurs when attempting to sync albums from the Photos app using Finder, correct? Are you following the steps in this guide?

Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If so, we may recommend reaching out to Apple Support to investigate further. Have you already attempted to restart both devices, and remove all images from iPhone in order to sync them back? You'll want to make sure that all photos and videos exist in Photos on Mac before completing this step.

Have a great day!

Big Sur not syncing folders from Photos app to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.