Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping your MacBook Pro plugged in while working?

Hey

I have a 16" MacBook Pro. I am really confused that should I or can I work on my MacBook while the charger is plugged in. For example, my MacBook is charged to 100%, So should I remove my charger and work on my MacBook or I can keep my MacBook plugged in and keep working. Some of my friends Said that, I can work with my MacBook plugged in, there is no harm in that, in fact, this saves the charge cycles and if we work with charger plugged in after the MacBook is already 100% charged, The laptop starts working directly on the charger, instead of battery and preserves battery health. So someone please help me with this and suggest me the right thing.

Thank you...

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 3:25 AM

As a rule of thumb: If you are near an AC outlet, leave it connected to the charge circuit. If you need portability, use it on battery power. If it is always at a desk, with AC power, use it on battery power a couple times monthly.

Similar questions

2 replies

Keeping your MacBook Pro plugged in while working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.