Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fitness app - do you need an apple watch and/or fitness+ to have access to it

I am wanting to buy an apple watch but i dont have the fitness app as some of my friends do (who own apple watches) on my phone and it isnt available to download through the app store. is it the case that i need to have an apple watch set up to get access to the app and/or do i need an subscription to fitness+ or apple one.

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 8:28 AM

Hello danielharrington06,

It sounds like you are interested in getting an Apple Watch and want to look into the Fitness app on your iPhone. However, you do not see this app.

Here are some resources that can help:

If you do not have an Apple Watch paired to your iPhone, it is the case that it would be expected behavior to not have access to this app as the Fitness app is to "get a comprehensive view of your total fitness from Apple Watch, including Activity History, Workouts, and Trends, all combined into one seamless view" as seen in Fitness on the App Store.

While an Apple Watch is required, a subscription to Apple Fitness+ is not. For more information on using the Fitness app check out the following resources:

For information on Apple Fitness+ and the compatible devices, take a look at Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 8:28 AM in response to danielharrington06

Hello danielharrington06,

It sounds like you are interested in getting an Apple Watch and want to look into the Fitness app on your iPhone. However, you do not see this app.

Here are some resources that can help:

If you do not have an Apple Watch paired to your iPhone, it is the case that it would be expected behavior to not have access to this app as the Fitness app is to "get a comprehensive view of your total fitness from Apple Watch, including Activity History, Workouts, and Trends, all combined into one seamless view" as seen in Fitness on the App Store.

While an Apple Watch is required, a subscription to Apple Fitness+ is not. For more information on using the Fitness app check out the following resources:

For information on Apple Fitness+ and the compatible devices, take a look at Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

fitness app - do you need an apple watch and/or fitness+ to have access to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.