Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE pictures to Email address

If I try to send a picture from IPHONE to my email address it goes to I Messages instead how can I turn this off?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 5:46 AM

When you select share with Mail, it should bring up a menu directly connected to the Mail app. Make sure you had the right sending and receiving addresses. Whether you do it from photos or the mail app, if the addresses are correct, it should work.

9 replies

Apr 26, 2021 9:32 AM in response to HANGSTANG

Hey there HANGSTANG,

We'd like to help guide you on how to send a photo via email from your iPhone.

You mentioned when trying to do this, it send it via Messages instead of by email. As this is unexpected behavior, we wanted to ask exactly which steps are you taking to send the photo by email? The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to help.

We also wanted to make sure you have the steps to take for sending a photo by email: Share photos and videos on iPhone

Here's a second link that shows another way to attach a photo to an email: Add attachments to an email on iPhone

We look forward to hearing back from you about these three details. Take care!

Apr 28, 2021 9:01 AM in response to HANGSTANG

Hello HANGSTANG,

We don't recommend the steps you're taking to send yourself a photo by email by choosing 'Messages' from the Share menu.

We recommend choosing the 'Mail' option from the Share menu, or using the other set of steps provided. Here's the link again for the second method: Add attachments to an email on iPhone

If you still have an issue using those two methods to send yourself a photo by email, we recommend contacting Apple Support for further help: Get Support

Have a good one!

Apr 26, 2021 6:42 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks for your reply I see I was not very clear.If I try to text a photo to my personal Email address I have had for years it will not go there I find it in the messages app on my IMAC instead. I can text photos from my iPhone to other peoples email fine. I even made a new Email address for myself that I can text the picture to (works fine) then forward it to my main Email address

(both AOL) which works. I am guessing I need to change something in messages on the IMAC?

I hope this better explains my issue Thanks for your reply and help.

Apr 27, 2021 7:14 PM in response to Jeff_W.

I choose a photo or video tap the   icon then choose the messages icon, from there at the top of the screen it gives you "To:___________" where I can put an Email

address to send it to witch works fine except when I try to send the iPhone picture or video to my Email address (so I can access it from a work PC) it will instead go to the Messages app on my IMAC not to my EMAIL address.Thought of this last night Email address is also apple ID I am thinking this may have something to do with it. My daughter once had her Email address as her apple ID and if i sent her anything from my iPhone she could only access it on her iPad (only apple device she had)Now her email address is not her apple id and she can get what ever I send her on her Pc or Android phone as well as her iPad. (I hope this is more clear and non confusing if anybody can figure this out it will be you guys) Thanks

Apr 28, 2021 8:07 PM in response to IB6857

Thanks for your help guys, tried using Mail app from share menu and sent don't know where it went but not my Email I have learned I can copy and paste picture and send as a regular outgoing email from phone to my address and that works.I guess if I want to send fast and easy as an iMessage like I can to anybody else i will have to change my apple ID to something different than my email.Thanks again ,IF the Apple Community can't figure it out it can't done !

IPHONE pictures to Email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.