Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete your purchase history

I want to delete my purchase history. Is that possible

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 4:38 PM

Hi there! Short an answer is no, but there’s a way to ‘hide’ certain purchases in a certain place, don’t fret, I’ll get to that in a sec!

All businesses, that provide online accounting, services, or products, are required By law, to Record and keep track of every digital transaction they process, for all accounts!

The IRS requires all records be recorded and kept for every online company’s guest users transactions, for any purchase made online, because those sales require digital payments & processing! There are major government guidelines & regulations on Internet provided services & transactions, since those purchases carry digital footprints, and require a virtual (non cash) payment method! Even if a company provides you with a premium streaming service, like Hulu, and it’s entirely free to you, if you accept it, that service must be recorded as content that “sold to you”, for zero dollars, and cannot be removed from your account transactional history! Just like your Bank, Apple is accountable for keeping track of all your transactions, and has to be able to provide you with a detailed statement of your account’s history! There must always be provisions for users’ to request printable account history, statements, and/or ways to request a snail mail, a printed hard copy of said account “statements’’, upon a customers’ request, for any digital transaction you have had as an account holder! Those printed “statements” may have a statute of limitation, on how many years back you can demand a printed hard copy for, but I’m not aware of any! The Bank acct I had 14 years ago, just had to send me three years of statements upon request, to help me with identity theft, that completely fixed my credit report & score, pretty much overnight!! So it’s in your best interest they keep those records safe for you!

Also, It is exceedingly illegal for Anyone to sell, or provide Digital products, and not keep track of those records, for any content that carries a copyright! (Even if YOU get it free of charge!)

Not to worry! Apple is awesome, & gave us a way to hide purchases made in the App Store, If you are Like me and don’t want to remember how many in app purchases I made, for a silly game I was addicted to for a couple of weeks, 8 years ago! Or if it’s simply because don’t want to have to review or see every single app ever downloaded or purchased since the beginning of your associated apple account! ☺️

Heres how!

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322

This article will also explain that Purchases made with your personal Apple ID, are private, and do not have to be shared or seen by anyone but you! Just In case you have something like family sharing set up, and have concerns about family members being able to see your purchase history! Any shareable Content you have made in the App Store, iTunes, or subscriptions you’ve bought, is only available for them if you choose to give them access, And you can choose who in your family has access to that shareable content. The article also gives you guidance on how to edit your devices’ home screen, so all Apps or purchased content like videos or music, previously downloaded or installed that device can be permanently deleted, from the device itself

(Keep in mind, you can only delete that content as long as the device you are using doesn’t have restrictions - like remote management from a work/ provided devices can set up, or you may have to get a device that was set up or managed by another user, like a parent, to disable certain screen time restrictions, to be able to delete apps or content)

Apple also provides Keeping your purchase history records as an extra courtesy to us, entirely free of charge! This is absolutely awesome, because it helps to ensure purchases like songs, or videos that you’ve bought, are always available to you to re-download, just in case they are accidentally deleted from your device!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 4:38 PM in response to aaaj2450

Hi there! Short an answer is no, but there’s a way to ‘hide’ certain purchases in a certain place, don’t fret, I’ll get to that in a sec!

All businesses, that provide online accounting, services, or products, are required By law, to Record and keep track of every digital transaction they process, for all accounts!

The IRS requires all records be recorded and kept for every online company’s guest users transactions, for any purchase made online, because those sales require digital payments & processing! There are major government guidelines & regulations on Internet provided services & transactions, since those purchases carry digital footprints, and require a virtual (non cash) payment method! Even if a company provides you with a premium streaming service, like Hulu, and it’s entirely free to you, if you accept it, that service must be recorded as content that “sold to you”, for zero dollars, and cannot be removed from your account transactional history! Just like your Bank, Apple is accountable for keeping track of all your transactions, and has to be able to provide you with a detailed statement of your account’s history! There must always be provisions for users’ to request printable account history, statements, and/or ways to request a snail mail, a printed hard copy of said account “statements’’, upon a customers’ request, for any digital transaction you have had as an account holder! Those printed “statements” may have a statute of limitation, on how many years back you can demand a printed hard copy for, but I’m not aware of any! The Bank acct I had 14 years ago, just had to send me three years of statements upon request, to help me with identity theft, that completely fixed my credit report & score, pretty much overnight!! So it’s in your best interest they keep those records safe for you!

Also, It is exceedingly illegal for Anyone to sell, or provide Digital products, and not keep track of those records, for any content that carries a copyright! (Even if YOU get it free of charge!)

Not to worry! Apple is awesome, & gave us a way to hide purchases made in the App Store, If you are Like me and don’t want to remember how many in app purchases I made, for a silly game I was addicted to for a couple of weeks, 8 years ago! Or if it’s simply because don’t want to have to review or see every single app ever downloaded or purchased since the beginning of your associated apple account! ☺️

Heres how!

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322

This article will also explain that Purchases made with your personal Apple ID, are private, and do not have to be shared or seen by anyone but you! Just In case you have something like family sharing set up, and have concerns about family members being able to see your purchase history! Any shareable Content you have made in the App Store, iTunes, or subscriptions you’ve bought, is only available for them if you choose to give them access, And you can choose who in your family has access to that shareable content. The article also gives you guidance on how to edit your devices’ home screen, so all Apps or purchased content like videos or music, previously downloaded or installed that device can be permanently deleted, from the device itself

(Keep in mind, you can only delete that content as long as the device you are using doesn’t have restrictions - like remote management from a work/ provided devices can set up, or you may have to get a device that was set up or managed by another user, like a parent, to disable certain screen time restrictions, to be able to delete apps or content)

Apple also provides Keeping your purchase history records as an extra courtesy to us, entirely free of charge! This is absolutely awesome, because it helps to ensure purchases like songs, or videos that you’ve bought, are always available to you to re-download, just in case they are accidentally deleted from your device!

How do you delete your purchase history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.