Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv hardware

how do I upgrade my apple tv box from 3rd generation to current generation. I have a 4k tv.

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 2:16 AM

A setup procedure will be needed of course. Choose your language, enter your account, and such.

Just a few basic apps are pre-installed. Other apps can be downloaded from the on-device App Store (similar to a smart phone or tablet).

A version system software will be preloaded from the factory, and a newer version may or may not be available as update before the unit reaches the new user (similar to a computer, phone, or tablet).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 2:16 AM in response to kel162

A setup procedure will be needed of course. Choose your language, enter your account, and such.

Just a few basic apps are pre-installed. Other apps can be downloaded from the on-device App Store (similar to a smart phone or tablet).

A version system software will be preloaded from the factory, and a newer version may or may not be available as update before the unit reaches the new user (similar to a computer, phone, or tablet).

apple tv hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.