Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 mini won’t delete an app. It just moves it to the App Library. How can I delete it?

How can I actually delete an app, not just move it from the Home Screen?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:56 PM

Not sure which app you are referring to. If you are attempting to delete one of the Apple stock apps that cannot be deleted then you will not be able to delete that app (For example, Safari app).

If you are referring to apps in general then double check the following-

You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 5:56 PM in response to Jenmeistre

Not sure which app you are referring to. If you are attempting to delete one of the Apple stock apps that cannot be deleted then you will not be able to delete that app (For example, Safari app).

If you are referring to apps in general then double check the following-

You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

iPhone 12 mini won’t delete an app. It just moves it to the App Library. How can I delete it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.