Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Photos Download to PC, but Others Do Not

I have iCloud for my PC. When I take a photo on my iPhone, it uploads to iCloud. All photos upload. Then, most photos download via the iCloud app on my PC to my PC. However, some photos don't download. I have logged out, cleared photos, logged back in so that the app re-downloads photos. However, the same photos don't download.

Why is this the case?

Is there a way to fix it?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 4:40 PM

So the only thing I didn't have was "My Photo Stream" in settings. All these years I've never had it on because I feared that it would upload all the other photos on my PC into my iCloud and blow up my usage. So I crossed my fingers and turned it on and so far it hasn't gone outside the iCloud Photos directory structure. I think it's working to download recent photos from iCloud, but time will tell.

Thanks for your help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 4:40 PM in response to melissa_m77

So the only thing I didn't have was "My Photo Stream" in settings. All these years I've never had it on because I feared that it would upload all the other photos on my PC into my iCloud and blow up my usage. So I crossed my fingers and turned it on and so far it hasn't gone outside the iCloud Photos directory structure. I think it's working to download recent photos from iCloud, but time will tell.

Thanks for your help.

Some Photos Download to PC, but Others Do Not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.