Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 9.3 crashes when downloading emails

Hi I have an issue that Mail keeps crashing. If I delete the Mail folder under Library it will resolve the issue but then as soon as the emails start downloading the issue will re-occur.

I have identified it is a message within the POP account that is causing the issue, however there are a lot of messages and I don't want to remove any (it is a customer's mailbox). Is there any way to fix this?

I am running macOS 10.11.6

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 4:03 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 5, 2021 11:28 AM in response to mike_coreit

If you create an IMAP account, all the mail will be stored on the server, unless you ask for a local mailbox.

The fact you are getting issues with locally stored mail, suggests the hard drive is either too full to store it (over 85% full), or nearing the end of its life. http://www.binaryfuit.com/ DriveDX can test the health of the drive. And yes, you can boot off an external hard drive, even one that is an SSD with the right adapter.

Mail 9.3 crashes when downloading emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.