Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 2012 message disk cant be burned failed to calibrate laser powerfor this media

what s happening with dvd cd player in my macbook pro wont play audio oe visual nor will it burn anything

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 4:56 AM

Thank you I am using the same media and speed I have always used. All was working, cds and dvds work playing, and burning was working a week ago. Just isn't working now dicks simply going around then ejecting. To burn a blank disk I can choose burn speed but get the message Cant burn" disk failed to calibrate laser power" so if dvd driver is gone do you know why external dvd driver will work with a 2012 OS Mohave macbookbook pro. I have searched. It seems it is hit or miss on which you choose. Thank you for your help

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2021 4:56 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank you I am using the same media and speed I have always used. All was working, cds and dvds work playing, and burning was working a week ago. Just isn't working now dicks simply going around then ejecting. To burn a blank disk I can choose burn speed but get the message Cant burn" disk failed to calibrate laser power" so if dvd driver is gone do you know why external dvd driver will work with a 2012 OS Mohave macbookbook pro. I have searched. It seems it is hit or miss on which you choose. Thank you for your help

macbook pro 2012 message disk cant be burned failed to calibrate laser powerfor this media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.