Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"icloud mail is currently unavailable"

icloud mail is offline on my devices, with no lead to reason/explanation other than "icloud mail is currently unavailable" - no where to check what's up!?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Apr 26, 2021 9:32 AM in response to George Krompacky

Thank you - so I see!

I was able to log in to icloud.com to view my mail fortunately, so this remains an option for those who may stumble across this thread.

Nevertheless, where does this leave us in terms of trusting and depending on such a service? How can such outages be understood and/or tolerated with no explanation, encouragement or any kind of prognosis - just hanging in the dark on an erstwhile trusted service?

Apr 26, 2021 11:20 AM in response to Nik9t

Well I've had my @mac.com email address for as long as Apple has offered it, probably 20+ years. There have been as far as I can recall maybe a couple of dozen times when email service has been interrupted for any considerable length of time. There were two or three occasions when I recall the outage was widespread and lasted for a while. But other than those, I haven't had enough problems to consider using a different address.

In general by the time most companies resolve their outages is around the time they get around to announce they had an outage in the first place.

"icloud mail is currently unavailable"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.