Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus

My friends iPhone SE is getting messages over calendar app with some web address where he can get a antivirus program. Clearly it's something fake. He deleted an app but the messages are still coming. How to make it stop? Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 8:47 AM

Open your friends calendar app and tap Calendar at the bottom, if there is a calendar he do NOT know, tap it and delete it. You can also go to Settings -> Calendar -> Accounts. If there is an account he do not know, delete it immediately.

On some websites there are pop ups where there are invitations to participate in a kind of "SPAM calendar" your friend have clicked add without thinking about it. I have tried it myself and he can just delete it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 8:47 AM in response to Hagiebvosn221

Open your friends calendar app and tap Calendar at the bottom, if there is a calendar he do NOT know, tap it and delete it. You can also go to Settings -> Calendar -> Accounts. If there is an account he do not know, delete it immediately.

On some websites there are pop ups where there are invitations to participate in a kind of "SPAM calendar" your friend have clicked add without thinking about it. I have tried it myself and he can just delete it again.

Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.