Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the stand to transport my iMac 2019?

How do I remove the stand to transport my Computer?

Is the following a true source?

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Stand-from-an-iMac#:~:text=Place%20the%20iMac%20screen%2Ddown,exposed%20and%20easier%20to%20access.&text=Release%20the%20latch%20inside%20the%20stand.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 8:35 AM

The stand on 2012-2020 iMacs is NOT removable. It is part of the chassis. The ONLY method of removing it is to saw it off which is NOT recommended. If you need to transport your iMac use the original box or go to a shipping store and ask them to prepare a box for shipping.

You can also look on Amazon for other shipping solutions for iMacs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 8:35 AM in response to KRK_Clark

The stand on 2012-2020 iMacs is NOT removable. It is part of the chassis. The ONLY method of removing it is to saw it off which is NOT recommended. If you need to transport your iMac use the original box or go to a shipping store and ask them to prepare a box for shipping.

You can also look on Amazon for other shipping solutions for iMacs.

Apr 26, 2021 10:06 PM in response to KRK_Clark

If by "transporting" your iMac, I'm assuming putting it into your car to take it somewhere. I normally use the box that came with it, but if that is not an option, I just place a nice, thick town on the seat/trunk and lay my iMac flag - LCD facing down - on the towel. Never had an issue.

There is zero need to "saw it off".

[Edited by Moderator]

How do I remove the stand to transport my iMac 2019?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.