Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to unpair my watch without erasing all the settings?

My Apple Watch Series 5 is no longer sharing data with my iPhone X. Is there a way to unpair it without erasing all the settings?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 11:28 AM

When you unpair your watch a backup of your health and fitness data is made and uploaded to icloud,when you come to re-pair your watch you are asked if you want to set it it up as new or restore it from a backup,you choose restore from backup then all your health and fitness data is downloaded back to the phone from the icloud backup and you carry on using your watch with all previous data intact.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Mom_from_Minnesota

When you unpair your watch a backup of your health and fitness data is made and uploaded to icloud,when you come to re-pair your watch you are asked if you want to set it it up as new or restore it from a backup,you choose restore from backup then all your health and fitness data is downloaded back to the phone from the icloud backup and you carry on using your watch with all previous data intact.

Is there a way to unpair my watch without erasing all the settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.