Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up sbcglobal.net email on iPad

I am trying to add my sbcglobal.net email on my iPad and it continually takes me too at login. I do that and then it takes me to another screen and it asks me to create another password. I do that and it brings me right back to the ATT login screen. I have always entered my emails choosing the Yahoo tab and never had a problem. Has something changed. I also went thru the Other tab and it tells me my password is not correct. I am mystified by why I am having this problem. Being 65 years old and knowing very little if anything about setting up email account, this is very upsetting. What am I doing wrong? I know my email and password are set correctly with ATT when I log in using my desktop computer plus when using outlook on my desktop, my emails are working perfectly. I have a secure mail key that I use in Outlook for my password. So can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 11:13 AM

Thanks for reaching out, TexasMom42.

It sounds like you're running into some difficulty with setting up your SBCGlobal email account on your iPad. We can help.

If you're having trouble, you can set up your email manually which may be easier for you. Here are some step by step instructions to help you set up your email account:

1. Tap the “Settings” icon in the iPad home screen to open the Settings menu.

2. Tap the “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars” tab and then tap the “Accounts” option. Your existing email accounts display.

3. Tap the “Add Account” option. A list of available account types displays.

4. Tap “Other” and select “Add Mail Account.” The New Account form opens.

5. Tap the “Name” field and type your name in the field.

6. Tap inside the “Email” field and enter your SBC Global email address.

7. Type your account password in the Password field.

8. Type a description for the account in the Description field, if desired. Tap “Next.”

9. Tap the “POP” option at the top of the screen.

10. Type the following domain name in the Host Name field in the Incoming Mail Server section : inbound.att.net

11. Type your SBC email address in the User Name field, and then type the corresponding password for the account in the Password field. Tap “Next” to display the Outgoing Mail Server form.

12. Type the following domain name in the Host Name field in the Outgoing Mail Server section : outbound.att.net

13. Type your SBC email address in the User Name field, and then type the corresponding password for the account in the Password field.

14. Tap “Save.” The iPad is configured to send and receive emails from your SBC Global account.

Give those steps a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 11:13 AM in response to TexasMom42

Thanks for reaching out, TexasMom42.

It sounds like you're running into some difficulty with setting up your SBCGlobal email account on your iPad. We can help.

If you're having trouble, you can set up your email manually which may be easier for you. Here are some step by step instructions to help you set up your email account:

1. Tap the “Settings” icon in the iPad home screen to open the Settings menu.

2. Tap the “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars” tab and then tap the “Accounts” option. Your existing email accounts display.

3. Tap the “Add Account” option. A list of available account types displays.

4. Tap “Other” and select “Add Mail Account.” The New Account form opens.

5. Tap the “Name” field and type your name in the field.

6. Tap inside the “Email” field and enter your SBC Global email address.

7. Type your account password in the Password field.

8. Type a description for the account in the Description field, if desired. Tap “Next.”

9. Tap the “POP” option at the top of the screen.

10. Type the following domain name in the Host Name field in the Incoming Mail Server section : inbound.att.net

11. Type your SBC email address in the User Name field, and then type the corresponding password for the account in the Password field. Tap “Next” to display the Outgoing Mail Server form.

12. Type the following domain name in the Host Name field in the Outgoing Mail Server section : outbound.att.net

13. Type your SBC email address in the User Name field, and then type the corresponding password for the account in the Password field.

14. Tap “Save.” The iPad is configured to send and receive emails from your SBC Global account.

Give those steps a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Take care!

Jun 15, 2021 6:05 AM in response to chris_g1

Does not work, Chris_g1. I have two sbcglobal emails and the mail app on iPad stopped working with one of those addresses some time ago. I could not set up the account no matter what I did. The other sbcglobal email account has worked fine until today. I added a Google email account to the iPad mail app and "boom" my only working sbcglobal account stopped working. I know receive the same error message I received from the one non-working sbcglobal account I had. Now neither sbcglobal email will set up and work in the iPad mail account app. What the heck is going on? Help!

Thanks.

Jun 15, 2021 10:22 AM in response to TexasMom42

Has you email provider switched to using App Specific Passwords? If so, you will need to generate a unique password for your iPad email account - that will differ from your normal Account Password. As examples - AOL, Yahoo and Google all use App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

For Yahoo, more information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

For Gmail:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

Set up sbcglobal.net email on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.