Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Account Text Issues

My wife and I both have iPhones and a shared Apple account. Now all of a sudden when she sends a text to me, it shows that she sent me a text, but it also shows I sent myself a text. How do I stop this? Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 2:46 PM

You will always have issues like this if you share an Apple ID.. They are not meant to be shared. You should chose who keeps the existing one, create a new one, set up family sharing if you need to share content

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

3 replies

Apr 26, 2021 2:53 PM in response to JandJ4Ever

The only thing I can think for you to check..

On your phone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.. make sure the switch for her phone is turned off

On her phone, do the same thing, make sure the switch for your phone is off.

This should sort of separate texts sent to the phone number of the specific phone.

But if you iMessage with someone that say, uses an iPad without a phone number.. if they send the iMessage to your shared Apple ID, I believe you would both receive that regardless of any settings workarounds that can be configured.

Shared Account Text Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.