Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading M1 Mac Big Sur from 11.3 back to 11.2.3

I was wondering if there was a way to do so without using the time machine option or another macbook. This is because 11.3 has caused errors and problems on my macbook air, aside from disabling me from sideloading ios application, it has affected the other apps I use for my work as well. Now I do not know what to do..

Any ideas will be a great help.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 4:17 AM

I see. Thank you so much!

I hope Apple finds a way to fix these kinds of things.. It's rly frustrating at times. Especially when they gave us the option to use IOS apps on M1 Macs, but have limitations...

Anyways. Thank you again.

12 replies

Apr 27, 2021 4:08 AM in response to Cobalt_Diablos123

At this point - 11.3 installed - creating a Clone will only create exactly that - a Big Sur 11.3. That would not resolve the issue of Rolling Back to 11.2.3 - right.

For future only, suggest making a Time Machine Backup Before any updates.

As for Cloning Software - Carbon Copy Cloner - can use Free for 30 Days or SuperDuper - notation this one appears not to be fully compatible with Big Sur at this time.

Apr 29, 2021 10:04 PM in response to davishc777

To be honest. I don't know why apple would do such a thing either. They made sure that M1 Mac models have these features, yet they limit what ios apps we can use. For now, the best we can do is to wait for an update where they finally remove these limitations. Or, wait for someone to find a way to downgrade the version without using the DFU Method or Time Machine.

Downgrading M1 Mac Big Sur from 11.3 back to 11.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.