Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying pre-owned IPhone and Apple ID

I want to buy a used phone from another country, but I'm afraid of fraud. Is it possible that the seller after selling the phone, bind the phone to his Apple ID again and block it? For example if he will write to support service and report that his phone has been stolen and provides a receipt for the purchase of his phone from the original Apple store? What can you advice me?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 4:50 AM

Hello,

You should be extremely skeptical about buying a used iPhone. It is especially problematic buying one from another country. It could be stolen or activation-locked. See this:

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Good luck.

2 replies

Apr 27, 2021 6:56 AM in response to digitalvaccine

Can the seller? Yes. You should be VERY concerned about losing your money. People come here every day asking how to turn off Activation Lock on a used device they bought. Even worse would be buying a phone from another country.

If you can afford to lose your money and buy a device which you may never be able to use, it's your money to waste.

Read this user tip about buying used devices --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Buying pre-owned IPhone and Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.