Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Get Mail The user name of password for "imap.mail.att.net" is incorrect This is the correct password in use on iphone and computer - but both ipads give this message

Keep getting this message when trying to get Bellsouth email. We used to get it for years now all of a sudden it won't get it.

Cannot Get Mail The user name of password for "imap.mail.att.net" is incorrect

This is the correct password in use on iphone and computer - but both ipads give this message

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 8:39 AM

LesterBader wrote:

Keep getting this message when trying to get Bellsouth email. We used to get it for years now all of a sudden it won't get it.

This is the correct password in use on iphone and computer - but both ipads give this message

Contact AT&T or look at their support site to resolve the issue.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 8:39 AM in response to LesterBader

LesterBader wrote:

Contact AT&T or look at their support site to resolve the issue.

May 26, 2021 5:54 PM in response to terrig516

I can’t get my mail all of a sudden .it keeps telling me account error AOL details. When I press details .it says no password provided for AOL. Please go to mail account settings and enter a password. When I go there the password is already there . So I put it in again and it says wrong password ? What’s going on ,did it change by itself . Because I didn’t change it. Please help me this is very frustrating. Wayne

Cannot Get Mail The user name of password for "imap.mail.att.net" is incorrect This is the correct password in use on iphone and computer - but both ipads give this message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.