Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send emails from my phone.

Can’t send emails. Error message states no password. Go to settings, mail and add password. Attempted 5 times what am I doing wrong?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 6:14 PM

Mail has two sets of credentials including two passwords. You’re setting one. Set the other.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > select the account > select the IMAP or POP account > confirm the username and set the password, then select SMTP > select the SMTP server again (it’s usually the primary) > confirm the username and set the password here, too.

The other common approach is removing and re-adding the account,

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 6:14 PM in response to domfromronkonkoma

Mail has two sets of credentials including two passwords. You’re setting one. Set the other.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > select the account > select the IMAP or POP account > confirm the username and set the password, then select SMTP > select the SMTP server again (it’s usually the primary) > confirm the username and set the password here, too.

The other common approach is removing and re-adding the account,

Unable to send emails from my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.