Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPhone and my apple id account is lock. I think someone is trying to open my account. how can I erase the information on my iPhone without unlocking the device?

I lost my iPhone and my apple id account is lock. I think someone was trying to open my account. how can I erase the information on my iPhone without unlocking the device?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 6:57 PM

Click in the following link > If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

One of the common scams here is to call the person that lost the device, claiming to be police or an Apple rep or otherwise, and to require your Apple ID credentials as “proof” of your ownership or some similar justification, and—if erroneously provided to the caller—which then unlocks the device for the thief, and unlocks your entire Apple environment for the thief.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 6:57 PM in response to jihyun231

Click in the following link > If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

One of the common scams here is to call the person that lost the device, claiming to be police or an Apple rep or otherwise, and to require your Apple ID credentials as “proof” of your ownership or some similar justification, and—if erroneously provided to the caller—which then unlocks the device for the thief, and unlocks your entire Apple environment for the thief.

I lost my iPhone and my apple id account is lock. I think someone is trying to open my account. how can I erase the information on my iPhone without unlocking the device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.