Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attachments Getting Stuck when downloading in Apple Mail (as per previous thread 2018)

I am using Apple Mail with 2015 MacBook Pro and Mojave. Occasionally (e.g. Today) but not all the time, attachments don't open. There will be an image icon (such as image.#JPEG or what looks like a text edit doc but may be a QuickBooks doc) with small blue writing below that says "downloading . . ." but nothing seems to happen. Curiously, the Quickbooks doc that had the same blue message for a long time miraculously opened for me a few minutes ago. Maybe if I wait long enough the Photo images will download but it seems like it is taking a very long time.

NOTE: I reopened a thread from 2018 which discussed the same intermittent problem b/c Apple said it was so long ago I had to ask again. In that thread, someone said they had a workaround of sending to their Iphone and then the attachments downloaded and then they re sent to their e-mail IMap acct. I haven't tried this b/c of time and also b/c I don't typically do e-mail on my phone.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 8:55 AM in response to sid484

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Attachments Getting Stuck when downloading in Apple Mail (as per previous thread 2018)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.