Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV can't forget wifi network for new password

Apple TV 3rd generation, couldn’t able to connect WiFi network.

I have to change WiFi password in Apple TV.

always it is showing wrong password then it won’t ask for change password and there is no option to forget WiFi network…

I have done reset but it didn’t help me..

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 7:16 AM

No dear sir/madam, I have tried so many times but no help..

it didn’t give up..

5 replies

Apr 28, 2021 3:42 AM in response to Karthikcscrp

A reset to factory setting shouldn’t be needed, but that would make it forget all personal settings, including any previously used Wi-Fi passwords. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Even later generations try to sign in with remembered Wi-Fi passwords. You have to persist a few times, and then eventually it will give up trying the old password, and ask for a new password. Also see: discussions.apple.com/thread/250379065

Apr 28, 2021 7:35 AM in response to Karthikcscrp

I found a bug in Apple TV 3rd generation.

I changed my WiFi security to no security, then I got surprised Apple TV just connected to my wifi network, then I changed password encryption security from no security to WPA 3, Apple TV didn’t connected and again I changed WPA 3 to WPA and this time Apple TV successfully connected to my WiFi.

so Apple TV 3rd gen won’t connect to WPA3 WiFi, it only connect to WPA encrypted WiFi networks..

Apple TV can't forget wifi network for new password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.