Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

while updating ipad through my itunes i get an unknown error 4000

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 2:03 AM

See >>> If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

This support page makes reference to 4000-series errors:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013 or 4014 when you restore your iOS device – Apple Support

Whilst Error #4000 is not explicitly listed in this support page, Apple Support are known to recommend that you follow these steps when troubleshooting this error - prior to seeking further assistance from Apple Support.

Apple Support can be contacted directly using the Get Support link at top-right of this page - or by using the excellent Apple Support App. If the App is not already installed, it can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 2:03 AM in response to RVSM

See >>> If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

This support page makes reference to 4000-series errors:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013 or 4014 when you restore your iOS device – Apple Support

Whilst Error #4000 is not explicitly listed in this support page, Apple Support are known to recommend that you follow these steps when troubleshooting this error - prior to seeking further assistance from Apple Support.

Apple Support can be contacted directly using the Get Support link at top-right of this page - or by using the excellent Apple Support App. If the App is not already installed, it can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.