Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV No app store

I'm living in South Korea and my apple tv does not have the app store on the home screen (my apple id is originally from Canada, but I have switched locations to SK). The model is 4K so it is new enough to contain the app store option. I own a smart TV with HRD, if that is at all relevant.

What do I need to do in oder to access the app store? I am logged into my account and have updated the software.

Thank you in advance,

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 2:49 AM

Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t sell Apple TV in South Korea at this time. www.apple.com/kr/

Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t bring video media services to South Korea at this time. No iTunes Store video content, no Apple TV+, and likely because of that also no App Store for the Apple TV box. Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 2:49 AM in response to J_M502

Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t sell Apple TV in South Korea at this time. www.apple.com/kr/

Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t bring video media services to South Korea at this time. No iTunes Store video content, no Apple TV+, and likely because of that also no App Store for the Apple TV box. Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

Apr 28, 2021 6:25 AM in response to J_M502

With an Apple ID account for a different region, you would also need a payment method from that different region.

With an Apple ID account for a different region, you would be able to access the iTunes Store for that region.

With an Apple ID account for a different region, you would be able to access the App Store for that region.

Some apps from the App Store may restrict to where they send their content. Many services are local to one nation, for licensing reasons.

Apple TV No app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.