Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini - wifi incompatible

Hi, I cannot connect my iphone 12 with homepod mini. I keep getting the incompatible wifi message even after trying all the solutions/help I could find online. I have tried with two different wifi networks (in two different locations) and also with my ipad air but no success. Both my devices (iphone 12 and ipad) are up to date, I have Music and Home apps on both devices. I have tried with turning on share my location, turning on sharing location while using in Privacy settings for Home app. I have turned off auto join and auto login and private address. I have deleted the wifi and rejoin. I have reset the homepod mini. Now I am wondering if this is problem si somehow connected to my location. I am trying to connect my homepod mini in Slovenia, but I have bought new homepod mini in Germany. I have tried to iphone using VPN, but also no success. Is there anything else I can do to connect to my homepod mini to iphone (or ipad)? Thank you.

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 7:33 AM

Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off? See If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support. Note that:

• HomePod doesn't support public or subscription networks with sign-in requirements. These networks are often in places such as businesses, schools, dorms, apartments, hotels and shops. 

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 7:33 AM in response to trobentica

Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off? See If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support. Note that:

• HomePod doesn't support public or subscription networks with sign-in requirements. These networks are often in places such as businesses, schools, dorms, apartments, hotels and shops. 

tt2

May 2, 2021 4:57 PM in response to Randy-12

Just wanted to say, today I have finally managed to pair homepod mini to my ipad. I am not sure what helped as it was a result of: reseting the homepod mini again, turning off share my location on iphone, setting privacy/location services/home to “never”, removing wifi network with “forget this network” on my iphone, clicking 4 times to + and - on the homepod mini, then bringing both iphone and ipad near homepod and on ipad (not on iphone) the pairing started. Now it is working and I love the sound.

Homepod mini - wifi incompatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.