Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 will not print on my HP smart wireless printer

I have an iPhone 12 that was connected to my HP 5000 Smart wireless printer so I. Ould print from my iPhone this has work until day.

when I try to print it keeps coming up saying printer off line.

I have tried rebooting both printer and iPhone but still will not print.

I have also deleted the HP app and reinstalled it.

I can print off my iPad and my partner can do the same on there iPad so it’s not a printer issue….. it has to be my iPhone as the issue. Can anyone please advise …… Cheers

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 1:11 PM

Hi KEVINMCC11,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We know how important it is to be able to print using your iPhone and we want to help. Are both your iPhone and printer connected to the same Wi-Fi network? Is your iPhone running the latest iOS ( 14.5 was recently released)?

Are you unable to print from a specific app or does it happen with any app you are trying to print from? If this is happening with a specific app, you can close the app out and relaunch it. You can also check for any updates that may need to be installed.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Hope that helps!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 1:11 PM in response to KEVINMCC11

Hi KEVINMCC11,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We know how important it is to be able to print using your iPhone and we want to help. Are both your iPhone and printer connected to the same Wi-Fi network? Is your iPhone running the latest iOS ( 14.5 was recently released)?

Are you unable to print from a specific app or does it happen with any app you are trying to print from? If this is happening with a specific app, you can close the app out and relaunch it. You can also check for any updates that may need to be installed.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Hope that helps!

iPhone 12 will not print on my HP smart wireless printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.