Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough space to install WatchOS 7.4 on Series 3 watch

I have followed the directions in this article twice to try to install WatchOS7.4 on a Series 3 Watch and it still cannot install the update because it does not have 3GB available storage.

I chose to set up the watch as a new watch when pairing again but it does not seem to make a difference.

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 9:04 PM

After unpairing my Series 3 Watch 2 times and setting it up as a new watch I still was not able to upgrade it. I had already restored the watch to a prior backup when I read the comments in this thread that mentioned power cycling the watch after the unpair / pair process. I decided to just power cycle my watch and try again even though I had restored it to a previous backup. After the watch powered back on I was finally able to get the software update to take even though the watch was restored to a previous backup.

Of course I don't keep any photos or music on my watch and there were not any apps installed either so depending on what your backup has you may not be able to restore it to a previous backup and get it to work. But it does seem like you need to power cycle the watch after the unpair / pair process before it will have enough storage to update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 9:04 PM in response to L8-

After unpairing my Series 3 Watch 2 times and setting it up as a new watch I still was not able to upgrade it. I had already restored the watch to a prior backup when I read the comments in this thread that mentioned power cycling the watch after the unpair / pair process. I decided to just power cycle my watch and try again even though I had restored it to a previous backup. After the watch powered back on I was finally able to get the software update to take even though the watch was restored to a previous backup.

Of course I don't keep any photos or music on my watch and there were not any apps installed either so depending on what your backup has you may not be able to restore it to a previous backup and get it to work. But it does seem like you need to power cycle the watch after the unpair / pair process before it will have enough storage to update.

Not enough space to install WatchOS 7.4 on Series 3 watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.