Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone new passcode problems

I changed my iphone 7 running ios 14.5 passcode from settings recently. Now the “touch id and passcode” section in settings won’t accept my new passcode nor my old passcode. I haven’t locked my phone yet so i am able to access it. I dont know what will happen if i lock it, will touch ID work fine or not? What do i do? Kindly help. I haven’t forgotten the new passcode because i just changed it and I know it. Also when i changed the passcode, it took some time to change.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 2:42 PM

Hey there irtaza65,

It sounds like you're having trouble entering in your new passcode in Settings.

You can try restarting your device to see if that helps, but since your passcode is a security feature you'll want to follow the steps below to reset your passcode. There wouldn't be anyway to bypass this section in Settings if your device is not accepting your old or new passcode.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Warm regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 2:42 PM in response to irtaza65

Hey there irtaza65,

It sounds like you're having trouble entering in your new passcode in Settings.

You can try restarting your device to see if that helps, but since your passcode is a security feature you'll want to follow the steps below to reset your passcode. There wouldn't be anyway to bypass this section in Settings if your device is not accepting your old or new passcode.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Warm regards.

iPhone new passcode problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.