Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast App Using 70% of Battery Since Update to iOS 14.5

The Podcast app on my iPhone 11 Pro is using 70% of the battery since I updated to iOS 14.5, and the battery is barely making it through a day. Before the update I generally had about 50% of the battery left at the end of the day. Yes, I listen to a lot of podcasts, but the screen is usually off, and this wasn't an issue before the update. Any idea what's going on and how I might fix it?

Rob

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 5:44 AM

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there is always clean-up and reindexing work that consumes battery power. It should sort itself out in a few days. If you continue to have issues, these are the standards steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 5:44 AM in response to rcamoore3

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there is always clean-up and reindexing work that consumes battery power. It should sort itself out in a few days. If you continue to have issues, these are the standards steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

Podcast App Using 70% of Battery Since Update to iOS 14.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.