Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage

my icloud storage was at 199GB/200GB (i used to have 24.000ish pictures and videos) and after i deleted some it became 199,3GB?? So i tried to delete more and it became 199,4GB but i deleted more and it came back to 199,3GB. I already deleted at least 1.000 pictures and videos but my icloud storage doesnt seem to be clearing a bit. I need help!!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 8:41 AM

You’ll notice that your available iCloud storage space doesn’t change right away as you delete photos. That’s because, when you trash them, instead of being permanently deleted, photos and videos are sent to the Recently Deleted album. To add space back to your cloud account, navigate to the Recently Deleted album and remove all of the files from it.

Going forward, there are a few things you can do to keep your photo storage from overflowing. For example, it’s a good idea to cull photos as soon as you take them. If it takes five-camera taps to get the perfect selfie, delete the four photos you don’t need right away. Similarly, crop videos to just the parts that you want to keep and delete any outtakes.

You can also move older albums offline if you don’t need to access them across devices on demand. Shifting data to an external hard drive will free up iCloud storage space and can save you money on your cloud storage subscription over the long term.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 8:41 AM in response to alditaku

You’ll notice that your available iCloud storage space doesn’t change right away as you delete photos. That’s because, when you trash them, instead of being permanently deleted, photos and videos are sent to the Recently Deleted album. To add space back to your cloud account, navigate to the Recently Deleted album and remove all of the files from it.

Going forward, there are a few things you can do to keep your photo storage from overflowing. For example, it’s a good idea to cull photos as soon as you take them. If it takes five-camera taps to get the perfect selfie, delete the four photos you don’t need right away. Similarly, crop videos to just the parts that you want to keep and delete any outtakes.

You can also move older albums offline if you don’t need to access them across devices on demand. Shifting data to an external hard drive will free up iCloud storage space and can save you money on your cloud storage subscription over the long term.

icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.