Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble with backup from my iPhone 11 to my new phone

Received my new iPhone 12 Pro Max yesterday. My 11 was backed up to the cloud and I was starting to migrate everything over to the new phone from the backup. A few of my apps loaded, but the majority of them are in some state of downloading or waiting. It’s been that way for almost 24 hours. How do I fix this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 1:38 PM

Hi Neal@Heritage Audio,

We understand you're trying to restore a backup but it has frozen. We're happy to help.

If your restore has stopped making progress, you'll want to erase the device and start restoring the backup again.

To erase, navigate to Settings > General > Reset, and select Erase All Content & Settings.

Once you're back to the initial setup menu, just follow those steps and select to restore your backup again.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Once you start restoring a backup to a device, you'll want to make sure it stays connected to, and in range of your Wi-Fi network. If it leaves the Wi-Fi connection before the restore has completed, it will stop wherever it's at and you'll need to start the restore over again.

You can check on the progress of the restore by navigating to Settings > your name at the top > iCloud > iCloud Backup.

We hope this helps. Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 1:38 PM in response to Neal@Heritage Audio

Hi Neal@Heritage Audio,

We understand you're trying to restore a backup but it has frozen. We're happy to help.

If your restore has stopped making progress, you'll want to erase the device and start restoring the backup again.

To erase, navigate to Settings > General > Reset, and select Erase All Content & Settings.

Once you're back to the initial setup menu, just follow those steps and select to restore your backup again.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Once you start restoring a backup to a device, you'll want to make sure it stays connected to, and in range of your Wi-Fi network. If it leaves the Wi-Fi connection before the restore has completed, it will stop wherever it's at and you'll need to start the restore over again.

You can check on the progress of the restore by navigating to Settings > your name at the top > iCloud > iCloud Backup.

We hope this helps. Take care!

Having trouble with backup from my iPhone 11 to my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.