Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Music Last Played Not Updating

Just updated to Big Sur 11.3 and notice the Last Played column is not updating on all songs. I played some songs that I'd added to my library a few days ago, and the Last Played column registered today's date. However, I added some new songs to my library, played them, and the Last Played column didn't register anything. I chose File > Library > Update Cloud Library with no success.

Anyone else having this problem? Solutions? Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 11:49 AM

Following up to my own post... I found a preference called Use Listening History under the Playback tab. After checking that box, Music is now recording my Last Played time and date. Honestly, not very clear that the two things are related, if indeed that was Apple's intention. Anyway, if anyone else has this issue, I hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 11:49 AM in response to isayhoomhom

Following up to my own post... I found a preference called Use Listening History under the Playback tab. After checking that box, Music is now recording my Last Played time and date. Honestly, not very clear that the two things are related, if indeed that was Apple's intention. Anyway, if anyone else has this issue, I hope this helps.

Big Sur Music Last Played Not Updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.