Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music is glitching.

Hi I need help with Apple Music, it started about two months ago and during maybe every other song it pauses and starts playing every couple seconds and it’s really annoying doesn’t play seamlessly, also when I start playing a new playlist it will randomly start skipping songs. I’ve tried deleting the app reinstalling it, shutting down my iPhone, updating to a new software update and nothing seems to fix it.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 11:36 AM

Hello OliverCovey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, when listening to Apple Music it skips every other song and skips through new playlists. We'll do our best to assist with this.

You've completed some nice troubleshooting here. Reinstalling the Music app should have resolved it. Since it hasn't then we'd try the following:

• Test this isn't related to Bluetooth. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and disable it. Does the issue persist when you test it out?
  • Try another Wi-Fi network. Does this persist on another network or when connected only to cellular?
  • Have you made any changes to your Apple ID region? As not all songs/content is available for all regions.
  • If using Apple Music on other devices, do you have Sync Library enabled? See: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Should it continue to occur, please reply back including the below details for more help:

• What changes (if any) were made to the device or your Apple ID two months ago?
  • Did you change Wi-Fi providers?
  • Are these songs being streamed over the network or are they downloaded to the iPhone?

Wishing you the best, take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 11:36 AM in response to OliverCovey

Hello OliverCovey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, when listening to Apple Music it skips every other song and skips through new playlists. We'll do our best to assist with this.

You've completed some nice troubleshooting here. Reinstalling the Music app should have resolved it. Since it hasn't then we'd try the following:

• Test this isn't related to Bluetooth. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and disable it. Does the issue persist when you test it out?
  • Try another Wi-Fi network. Does this persist on another network or when connected only to cellular?
  • Have you made any changes to your Apple ID region? As not all songs/content is available for all regions.
  • If using Apple Music on other devices, do you have Sync Library enabled? See: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Should it continue to occur, please reply back including the below details for more help:

• What changes (if any) were made to the device or your Apple ID two months ago?
  • Did you change Wi-Fi providers?
  • Are these songs being streamed over the network or are they downloaded to the iPhone?

Wishing you the best, take care!

May 5, 2021 5:16 PM in response to destiny241

So I have two issues, one is if I play one of my playlists i’ve created it will randomly skip songs and I have to delete the app and start playing that playlist again and it will work, my second issue is when I’m either playing the radio on Apple Music or music out of my playlist which some of them are downloaded, it will skip in and out while playing a song and won’t play smoothly, no it doesn’t have to do with Bluetooth connection or Wi-Fi I’ve tested it, the weird thing is though I’ll be listening to music and won’t have an issue until I skip a song then the next song won’t play smoothly but if I don’t skip any songs I don’t have the issue it’s really weird.

The only thing I’ve changed in the past several months was syncing my Apple Music on my laptop with my phone.

Apple Music is glitching.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.