Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro discontinued!?! Why?

Ok, First off, I understand that the iPhone 12 was just released recently, but today I went to apples website to check out the new iPad and then I went to look at the IPhones and I currently own the iPhone 11 Pro, it has literally disappeared from apples website!?! I am confused because if they want to put attention on the 12 then why not take away the iPhone XR which is still there by the way, also why not take away the iPhone SE? Or the iPhone 11 entirely, the regular iPhone 11 is still there. It would be great if someone could help me understand, Thanks Devin

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 1:14 PM

Because the iPhone 12 Pro, it is the direct replacement for the iPhone 11 Pro.

With the iPhone 12 Pro, there is no need for an iPhone 11 Pro. That's why the iPhone 11 Pro is no longer sold directly at Apple.

As an example, Ford introduces a new Ford Focus, then they do not continue to sell the old Ford Focus.

New comes out, old is sent away.

The iPhone 11 is the cheaper version of the iPhone 11 Pro, with some compromises, such as LED display, instead of OLED. Aluminum frame, instead of stainless steel. Slightly downgraded camera - but still a really good phone for the price, and is still a Top model with FaceID.

iPhone XR is from 2018, and came as a downgraded alternative to iPhone XS, and with aluminum frame, LED screen instead of OLED, but with FaceID - it is an even cheaper alternative, and in fact the cheapest alternative if you want a top iPhone with FaceID and big screen.

iPhone SE, or Special Edition. Is a tuned version in an older design. It comes with the latest processor for the time it is released. The first iPhone SE was released with the same processor as the iPhone 6S, and the current SE has the same processor as the iPhone 11 Pro. Most importantly, it is the cheapest iPhone on the market.

That way you hit wide so there is an iPhone for everyone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 1:14 PM in response to devinfromcarmel

Because the iPhone 12 Pro, it is the direct replacement for the iPhone 11 Pro.

With the iPhone 12 Pro, there is no need for an iPhone 11 Pro. That's why the iPhone 11 Pro is no longer sold directly at Apple.

As an example, Ford introduces a new Ford Focus, then they do not continue to sell the old Ford Focus.

New comes out, old is sent away.

The iPhone 11 is the cheaper version of the iPhone 11 Pro, with some compromises, such as LED display, instead of OLED. Aluminum frame, instead of stainless steel. Slightly downgraded camera - but still a really good phone for the price, and is still a Top model with FaceID.

iPhone XR is from 2018, and came as a downgraded alternative to iPhone XS, and with aluminum frame, LED screen instead of OLED, but with FaceID - it is an even cheaper alternative, and in fact the cheapest alternative if you want a top iPhone with FaceID and big screen.

iPhone SE, or Special Edition. Is a tuned version in an older design. It comes with the latest processor for the time it is released. The first iPhone SE was released with the same processor as the iPhone 6S, and the current SE has the same processor as the iPhone 11 Pro. Most importantly, it is the cheapest iPhone on the market.

That way you hit wide so there is an iPhone for everyone.

iPhone 11 Pro discontinued!?! Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.