Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App RE: Made For You Not Working

One of the new features in iOS 14.5 in the Music app is the ability to add the "Made For You" playlists to list of options under Library but it's not sticking around for me.

When I click the "Edit" button in the top right corner I can see that "Made For You" is selected but when I click "Done" it seemingly folds behind the other deselected options.

I've tried deselecting and selecting it again, force quitting the app, force quitting the app and rebooting; nothing's working. It's hardly the worst issue but it's frustrating that it just doesn't work as intended.

The only thing left I can think to do is delete the app and hope that resolves it but I don't want to go through the trouble of having to re-download all of the music/playlists I have saved and I'd hate for that to be the solution if another feature comes out in the future that forces me to delete the app every time.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 6:44 AM

So basically made for you tab will be available in your library, once you click the listen now tab and scroll down to made for you section, add any one of the albums from there. Once you add the album after few seconds made for you tab will be available in your library.

Hope this hepls 😊

11 replies

May 17, 2021 7:42 AM in response to incredibilistic

Hi incredibilistic,

Have you added any new "made for you" playlists since this new feature was introduced?

For example, I have music videos enabled on mine but I have no music videos downloaded, so the music video option just collapses.

My suggestion: Try adding one of the Apple Mixes like "Favorites Mix" or "New Music Mix" from the Listen Now page to your library and see if it populates the Made For You section.

My understanding is that this section is only reserved for playlists that have been specifically made for you, this would include the auto-generated mixes, year end replays, etc.

Apr 30, 2021 5:29 PM in response to incredibilistic

Hello incredibilistic,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the Made For You playlist not showing when adding it to the list in your Library. You've completed some great steps with quitting the app and restarting your iPhone. Let's offload the app, then reinstall it to see if that helps. Offloading an app will keep the data in place while removing the app, so no need to worry about losing your downloaded music.

To offload the app, tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music > Offload App. When the option appears, choose to "Reinstall App", then check to see if the Made For You playlist now shows under your Library options. Just in case, here's a bit more information about offloading can be found under "Use your device to check its storage" here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Keep us posted.

Take care.

Apr 30, 2021 10:49 PM in response to TammyW_03

Thanks for getting back and suggesting I offload the app but unfortunately that didn't work either.

I followed your steps and selected "Offload App" then selected "Reinstall" a few seconds later but there was no change. I tried that a couple times with similar outcomes but then decided to offloaded the app again then reboot to see if that would help but no such luck.

While it's frustrating it's hardly the end of the world and I'll just continue to access the Made For You playlists via the Listen Now section until Apple issues a fix in a future update (hopefully).

That said if you have any other suggestions let me know and I'll try it.

Cheers! 👍🏽

May 3, 2021 1:54 PM in response to incredibilistic

incredibilistic,

You're very welcome, and we appreciate the update and the issue. Even though you mention this not being a big deal, we know it's important that features work as expected. Because the issue continues after offloading the app and reinstalling it, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support to look into this with you more: Get Support

Best regards.

Music App RE: Made For You Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.