Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not working after latest update. Previous update before that booted me out of Apple news.

i have iPhone 12 Pro Max and live in Australia. After the second last update (the one prior to 14.5) I could no longer access Apple news. The error said that I was in the wrong region (U.S) and needed to change the region. I also couldn’t use the ‘Listen Now’ feature of Apple Music, and could not download certain songs as error that said something like ‘download not available (US store). Change stores to download’. When I tried to change region under setting it said my region was already set to Australia. Looking online others had this issue too and the resolution was to cancel your subscriptions and uninstall & reinstall news app. Well that did not work. I cancelled my my Apple Music subscription yesterday (I didn’t have an Apple news subscription) but my Apple Music subscription doesn’t expire until 11 May 2021, so it still wouldn’t let me change the region under settings. Also under the music account settings the subscription is cancelled. Now today I can’t play ANY music in Apple Music not even songs I have downloaded to my phone!!! There is nothing wrong with my connection - it is strong on both wifi AND cellular (5G), I have switched phone off and on. Switched phone off removed sim, put sim back in, switched on again. Tried deleting both the music & news apps but it won’t let me. I don’t have a problem playing music on YouTube or with any other apps, just Apple apps. This has been driving me nuts since 2 updates ago but now I’ve paid for something I literally cannot use! Please help!!!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:18 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 1, 2021 12:32 PM in response to jlastname

Hi jlastname,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We'd be happy to help get you back to enjoying your music. Do you have any other device with Apple Music? Are you able to play your music there? This will help isolate the issue a bit and determine if the issue is with the account or something with the app on your iPhone.

Have you tried signing out of your Apple ID and signing back into it? Keep in mind that if you have any music downloaded for offline use, they will need to be redownloaded.

You mentioned that you tried to delete the Apple News app but it wouldn't let you, can you elaborate? Are you getting an error when you try?

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

Let us know!

May 2, 2021 1:37 PM in response to Trish313

Yes I have tried signing out of apple ID & back in.

No I do not have any other devices except for iwatch and ipods pro. I don't usually use my watch to listen to music.

I deleted the app, turned phone off, turned back on, re-installed it - it still only gives me US news. So I turned location settings on, deleted, reinstalled, still only US news.

For Music,:Listen Now comes up with an ad. to be able to use it. Browse says, "the item you've requested is not currently available in Apple Music in [?]. Radio says the same thing. My Library is there but only plays songs occasionally, and only after pressing the play button about 5-7 times - I press play, then wait 1-2mins, then it stops and shows the play button-do that 5-7 times. When the song finishes (or is close to finishing) it stops and closes the app, returning me to the home screen, forcing me to have to do this over and over and over (and that's only IF the song actually plays).

There is no cog or anything to change region settings in either the News or Music apps. Going to Settings> General> Language & Region> and my Region is already set to Australia. I press it agong & go out & it makes no difference.

I go to Settings> News and there is no option to change my region. I turned on location in the hope that would help. It didn't.

Same with Music, I went to Settings> Music. No option to change my region.

I go to Apple ID> Media & Purchases> View Account> Country/Region and it STILL tells me to cancel my Apple Music subscription!!! (but remember it gave me an Ad to access 'Listen Now' in the app & Browse wasn't working)

I go to my subscriptions and I am unsubscribed, with subscription expiring on 11 May (but isn't actually letting me use it so I've paid for something I'm not even able to use!!)

I have just redone all of that and am right back where I started when I lodged my original post.

Apple Music not working after latest update. Previous update before that booted me out of Apple news.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.