Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not get mcafee on to my ipad

can not get mcafee on my ipad.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 3:19 AM

You don't need any Anti-Virus apps on your iOS device.

As long as you don't modify your iOS software, iOS is a very safe system.

Unauthorized modification of iOS can cause security vulnerabilities, instability, shortened battery life, and other issues - Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 30, 2021 3:55 AM in response to dukesronald

There are no Antivirus Products available for iOS/iPadOS. Those that claim to provide AV protection are nothing more than “snake oil” - and should be avoided.

Due to the system architecture of iOS/iPadOS, unless jailbroken (don’t go there!), your iPad is not susceptible to traditional malware infection per-se. However, as with all computer systems, there are still vulnerabilities and exploits to which you remain vulnerable. Be wary of the myth that Apple devices are immune to malware; those that perpetuate this untruth often do not understand the broader threat landscape.

The majority of threats to which you will be unavoidably exposed are from accessing websites using a web browser, or from embedded links.

Browser-based attacks can largely be mitigated by installing a good, Content and Ad-blocking product. One of the very best and most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for iPad, iPhone and Mac - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing takes place on your device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently. 

Unwanted content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by basic/inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content blocked form download. A further benefit on metered services, such as cellular connections where you data may be capped or chargeable, this not only improves speed but also saves you money. A new feature, introduced in the most recent version, is “Firewall” function that mitigates addition risks - details of which can be seen on the 1Blocker page in the App Store and product website.

A further measure to improve protection is to use a trusted Recursive DNS Service in preference to automatic settings. This can either be set on a per-device basis in Settings, or can be set-up on your home Router. I strongly recommend using one of the following services - for which IPv4 and IPv6 server addresses are listed:

Quad9 (recommended)

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

Use of the above DNS services will help to shield you from “known bad” websites and URLs - and when used alongside 1Blocker, or other Content Blocker provides defense in depth.

There are advanced techniques to further “harden” iOS/iPadOS, but these are perhaps beyond the immediate skills of novice users.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful to you.

Apr 30, 2021 3:23 AM in response to dukesronald

I wonder if it is compliant with Apple’s new security guidelines?

I wouldn’t trust MacAfee especially bought on CD or such.

If you are installing from Apple App Store, I wonder do you see:

— Privacy compliances.

— Version updates in last 30 days.

— Recent Reviews.

A friend of mine had an iMac trouble. I don’t know if her tech was Apple or another company but they refused to install MacAfee.

It might be okay but please research.

can not get mcafee on to my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.