Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting to printer but printer not responding

Hello, Macbookpro is connecting to HP photosmart 5200series printer but printer is now not responding despite various efforts. Your suggestions much appreciated. Elizabeth

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 5:17 AM

If your husband has been able to print from his iPad, this issue might be about setting up AirPrint on your Mac:

Print wirelessly from your Mac to an AirPrint printer - Apple Support

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

7 replies

May 1, 2021 4:35 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I'm not very tech-savvy which is why I'm struggling and finding the Apple Support link you mention puzzling. My husband has printed from his iPad so I know the network is working. I continue to get the message first, that my Mac is connecting to the printer. Then comes the response that the printer is not responding. Just re-set the printer as suggested somewhere in Apple support, but it won't (or can't) add the printer to the list; says it is setting up 'HP Office Jet 5200 series' then I get the message 'Unable to verify the printer on your network' due to an error. Would I still like to create the printer? - then press Continue. But it just takes me back to an error message: 'Unable to communicate with the printer at this time'. May all this information will suggest where to go from here? Thanks, Elizabeth

connecting to printer but printer not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.