Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Bookmarks not mine

My wife's safari bookmarks seem to have replaced or gotten mixed up with my bookmarks. How do I get mine back. This is true on my iPhone and iPad. I have time machine backups.

Thanks J

ps this seems to have happened immediately after updating my wife's computer to Catalina 10.15.7 - Coincidence?

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 4:58 PM

You probably have Safari checked off in your iCloud panel on both Macs and somehow yours got replaced by hers. I had this happen before. Uncheck that in your iCloud account on one or both. You can go to your TM and get your bookmarks from earlier time. From finder Option, go, library, safari, bookmarks.plist then open TM and go back to this file and replace and you should be good to go.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 4:58 PM in response to jimInMA

You probably have Safari checked off in your iCloud panel on both Macs and somehow yours got replaced by hers. I had this happen before. Uncheck that in your iCloud account on one or both. You can go to your TM and get your bookmarks from earlier time. From finder Option, go, library, safari, bookmarks.plist then open TM and go back to this file and replace and you should be good to go.

Safari Bookmarks not mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.