Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my phone and find my phone is not activated

I lost my iPhone and find my phone is not activated. I don't know what to do

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:01 PM

gunes113 Said:

"I lost my iPhone and find my phone is not activated. I don't know what to do"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

If it is offline and not usable, then you can't track your device electronically. However, you can do so manually:

I. Start Here:

II. Getting this Back:

• Backtrack your Locations: If at a coffee shop, stop in, and ask it if was placed aside.
  • Check with Local Authorities: Perhaps it was found and was turned in.
  • Ask Others: Check with Other you know (i.e. friends, family members, co-workers, peers, and neighbors)

III. Looking Elsewhere:

Based on Prior Experience: Look under the pillow or on the desk, or under the seat of your car. It might be sitting there. I thought I lost mine, but, they were in the palm of my hand, interestingly enough.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 2:01 PM in response to gunes113

gunes113 Said:

"I lost my iPhone and find my phone is not activated. I don't know what to do"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

If it is offline and not usable, then you can't track your device electronically. However, you can do so manually:

I. Start Here:

II. Getting this Back:

• Backtrack your Locations: If at a coffee shop, stop in, and ask it if was placed aside.
  • Check with Local Authorities: Perhaps it was found and was turned in.
  • Ask Others: Check with Other you know (i.e. friends, family members, co-workers, peers, and neighbors)

III. Looking Elsewhere:

Based on Prior Experience: Look under the pillow or on the desk, or under the seat of your car. It might be sitting there. I thought I lost mine, but, they were in the palm of my hand, interestingly enough.

Apr 30, 2021 1:54 PM in response to gunes113

If you don't have Find My activated there is not much you can do, it is always recommended to have it on as it can save you from never getting your phone back. Even if you have Apple Care with Theft and Loss protection they won't cover it because they require you to have Find My enabled at the time of you loosing your phone. You can maybe take it up with your insurance. I will attach a few articles down below on how to enable it for the future. You should also call your Service Provider to deactivate your SIM card so no unwanted people answer your calls. You should also ask them to lock the IMEI and mark it as Lost/Stolen so it will increase the chance of it being returned to you.

Attached Articles:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac – Apple Support

Steps you should take if you lost your phone: https://www.imyfone.com/iphone-tips/how-to-track-lost-iphone-without-or-with-find-my-iphone/

I hope you find your Phone!

Cheers.

I lost my phone and find my phone is not activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.