Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Mac Mini (M1) Won't Work With Monitors From Previous Mac Mini (2012)

I have 2 AOC monitors. Each has a DVI and DSUB ports. With adapters, I plug one monitor into the HDMI port and another into the Thunderbolt port on the 2012 Mini (with a DisplayPort adapter).

On the new Mac Mini, the old TBolt port is gone, and the HDMI is now HDMI 2 and doesn't work with my HDMI cable.

My questions: How do I use these monitors with the M1 MM? Is it possible to use one of the USB C ports for them? Are there adapters/connectors that others have used in this situation? I'm despairing because I see so many people online are expressing frustration with the same problem, and few solutions.

I can't even set up the Mac Mini without solving this issue.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:37 PM

You can purchase adapters at https://www.apple.com/shop/mac/accessories/power-cables The accessories sold on Apples store are guaranteed to work on any product under the supported product list that each accessory has. You can also buy them on Amazon, Staples, Bestbuy etc.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies

My new Mac Mini (M1) Won't Work With Monitors From Previous Mac Mini (2012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.