Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Bizarre Behavior - Pressing Cycle Button Causes Muted to Sound

I don't even know what to make of this. I really hope I've just set something incorrectly and it isn't a very strange bug in Logic. When I press the Cycle button to repeat audio over some portion of the entire recording - this causes one or more muted tracks to unmute - even though the tracks are clearly muted.

I've rebooted Logic - but that did not change anything.

If need be I can create a demonstration video.

This is just plain wonky.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:12 PM

6 replies

May 7, 2021 12:05 AM in response to silver_mica

What changed, any updates? MacOS, Logic?

Two things to try and narrow this down.

Go to the upper Left Logic Pro menu, find Control Surfaces, scroll down to Bypass All Control surfaces.

Quit Logic, restart Logic... same behavior?

If that doesn't work reset Logic's Preferenxes.

Same Menu, find Preferences, select Reset all Preferences Except Key Commands.

Restart the computer this time... see if that fixes your problem.

May 7, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Pancenter

Did you see that video? The video illustrates the hyper-strange behavior quite well. Last night I tried to duplicate the same type of behavior on a different LPX project - but was not able to recreate the issue on another project (thankfully). My hunch at this point is that project itself has an issue - so I'm leaning toward rebuilding that particular project from scratch to see if that fixes the problem.

May 7, 2021 1:37 PM in response to silver_mica

The project is likely corrupt. I made a second video demonstrating the following.

Engaging the cycle button causes the muted guitar track to play through the vocal track while muting the vocals. Confused yet? I sure have been for a while - but, I believe this is nothing more than a corrupt project. I'll rebuilt the project at some point.

Here's the YouTube video showing the bizarre behavior.

https://youtu.be/tZAy3nON0pQhttps://youtu.be/tZAy3nON0pQ

Logic Pro X - Bizarre Behavior - Pressing Cycle Button Causes Muted to Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.