Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open an email on my iPad gen 8 & then click on a link in the email, it only opens in a rectangular box & not full screen.

Can this be changed?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 5:33 PM

Hi kathij415,

It sounds like links you open in Mail on your iPad don't open in full screen. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

Is it opening over the Mail App, next to the app, or in some other way? Check out the illustrations of the features "Slide Over" and "Split View" in Use Multitasking on your iPad. That link will also guide you through how to move apps around to suit your needs. If it doesn't seem to be any of those features, let us know if Perform quick actions on iPad appears to be closer to your issue.

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know which feature it is or more about what your screen looks like if you're not sure which feature it is with the help of the above resources.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 5:33 PM in response to kathij415

Hi kathij415,

It sounds like links you open in Mail on your iPad don't open in full screen. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

Is it opening over the Mail App, next to the app, or in some other way? Check out the illustrations of the features "Slide Over" and "Split View" in Use Multitasking on your iPad. That link will also guide you through how to move apps around to suit your needs. If it doesn't seem to be any of those features, let us know if Perform quick actions on iPad appears to be closer to your issue.

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know which feature it is or more about what your screen looks like if you're not sure which feature it is with the help of the above resources.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

When I open an email on my iPad gen 8 & then click on a link in the email, it only opens in a rectangular box & not full screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.