Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air refuses to connect to home WiFi.

My MacBook Air won’t connect to our home WiFi.

*To clarify, the MacBook Air will connect to hotspot and other networks but it will

not connect to our homes WiFi network. The network still shows up as an option to join and it prompts for the password to be entered. I’ll enter the password and attempt to sign in; it’ll then just continue to bring up the “enter password” prompt as if I never entered it after every time the password is attempted. I’ve tried everything from forgetting network, re configuring WiFi option on MacBook, removed and replaced .plist files, and did the whole reset option of holding ‘command + option + p + r’. The MacBook Air still won’t connect to our homes WiFi. Also to add, yes I’ve restarted and tried over and I have the latest update available as of, 4-30-21. Please help

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 11:54 AM

I am sure it is frustrating. Offhand it sounds like your router is not registering the password you are entering, which makes me think you may be entering it incorrectly. Can you confirm what the password the router is looking for? Maybe reset it? Sometimes your ISP can be helpful, it they have provided the router.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 11:54 AM in response to cjeezus

I am sure it is frustrating. Offhand it sounds like your router is not registering the password you are entering, which makes me think you may be entering it incorrectly. Can you confirm what the password the router is looking for? Maybe reset it? Sometimes your ISP can be helpful, it they have provided the router.

My MacBook Air refuses to connect to home WiFi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.