Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone storage issue

Bought more iCloud storage for Iphone and it's still telling me I'm out of space when I'm looking at photos and videos, even though my phone shows me lots of room. I see a lot of people commenting on this over the last few months with no resolution from Apple. Would like help please!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 7:37 PM

LCFisherman Said:

"Iphone storage issue: Bought more iCloud storage for Iphone and it's still telling me I'm out of space when I'm looking at photos and videos, even though my phone shows me lots of room. I see a lot of people commenting on this over the last few months with no resolution from Apple. Would like help please!"

-------

iCloud Storage is Not iPhone Storage:

Increasing iCloud Storage Capacity does not increase the space on your device, it is iCloud Storage. So, if there's plans of space showing, then download the Photos to it.

Enable Photos in iCloud:

If Photos don't download, then be certain that photos is enabled in iCloud

Go to:

1. Tap: iCloud
  2. Tap: Photos
  3. Tap: iCloud Photos (so that it is green)
  4. Tap: Optimize iPhone Storage (to that it is checked)
  5. Tap: Upload to My Photo Stream (if desired)
  6. Tap: Shared Items (so that it is green)

Screenshot:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 7:37 PM in response to LCFisherman

LCFisherman Said:

"Iphone storage issue: Bought more iCloud storage for Iphone and it's still telling me I'm out of space when I'm looking at photos and videos, even though my phone shows me lots of room. I see a lot of people commenting on this over the last few months with no resolution from Apple. Would like help please!"

-------

iCloud Storage is Not iPhone Storage:

Increasing iCloud Storage Capacity does not increase the space on your device, it is iCloud Storage. So, if there's plans of space showing, then download the Photos to it.

Enable Photos in iCloud:

If Photos don't download, then be certain that photos is enabled in iCloud

Go to:

1. Tap: iCloud
  2. Tap: Photos
  3. Tap: iCloud Photos (so that it is green)
  4. Tap: Optimize iPhone Storage (to that it is checked)
  5. Tap: Upload to My Photo Stream (if desired)
  6. Tap: Shared Items (so that it is green)

Screenshot:

Iphone storage issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.