Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will removing photos from iCloud delete them from my iPhone?

Hey friends,

I’ve currently used up 41GB/50GB of my iCloud storage with photos and now my iPhone won’t back up to the cloud becuase I’ve run out of storage.

I have more than enough on the actual iPhone so I just want to remove those photos from iCloud and keep them on my iPhone.

If I “Disable & Delete” the photos from iCloud with they still be on my phone?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 8:37 PM

oliclarke1 Said:

"Will removing photos from iCloud delete them from my iPhone?[...]I’ve currently used up 41GB/50GB of my iCloud storage with photos and now my iPhone won’t back up to the cloud becuase I’ve run out of storage.[...]"

-------

Two Things:

A. Disable Photos in iCloud:

To avoid losing these photos on your iPhone itself, be certain that Photos is disabled in iCloud, in Settings on your iPhone. Elsewise, yes it will be deleted.

Go to:

1. Open: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Tap: iCloud Photos (so that it is grey)

or...

B. Consider Upgrading Storage:

Go Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 8:37 PM in response to oliclarke1

oliclarke1 Said:

"Will removing photos from iCloud delete them from my iPhone?[...]I’ve currently used up 41GB/50GB of my iCloud storage with photos and now my iPhone won’t back up to the cloud becuase I’ve run out of storage.[...]"

-------

Two Things:

A. Disable Photos in iCloud:

To avoid losing these photos on your iPhone itself, be certain that Photos is disabled in iCloud, in Settings on your iPhone. Elsewise, yes it will be deleted.

Go to:

1. Open: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Tap: iCloud Photos (so that it is grey)

or...

B. Consider Upgrading Storage:

Go Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

Will removing photos from iCloud delete them from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.